TLDR; Work-Study Position Open: If you know someone interested in work-study opportunities in CILS Core, please ask them to reach out! firstname.lastname@example.org 😊
At Northeastern ’s Institute for Chemical Imaging of Living Systems (CILS), we develop imaging tools to highlight chemical processes—enabling clinicians to better diagnose and treat disease. We have a state-of-the-art research facility with a microscopy core (Zeiss confocal, lightsheet, two-photon, axiozoom…), a flow cytometry core (Beckman sorter & analyzer), and a preclinical imaging core (Visualsonics Vevo F2 Ultrasounds & Bruker 3T MRI). Our researchers collaborate across six core disciplines—probe development, animal models, probe delivery, imaging technologies, embedded systems, and signal processing—to develop breakthrough imaging tools.
CILS invites applications for the work-study Research Technician position. The Research Technician is a part-time, one-semester term position. The successful candidate will demonstrate how to bring value to and work towards supporting a broadly diverse community of researchers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily instrument maintenance (<1h).
- Support in marketing duties, including (but not limited to): Website optimization, social media.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards: organization, waste disposal.
- Monitor inventory chemicals, equipment, and lab supplies.
- Work collaboratively and effectively to promote teamwork, diversity, equality, and inclusiveness.
- Assist with management of image repository and database of publications.
- (Potentially) Assist with animal husbandry.
- Other research support, lab management, and housekeeping duties as needed.
- Commitment to working with a diverse and inclusive community
- Strong attention to detail, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of basic laboratory technique and safety
- Ability to supervise and manage in a productive and supportive environment
- Preferred: Experience in research lab settings
- Experience in research lab environment.
- Opportunity to learn how the instruments in the core work and connect with the team members.
- Time allocation could be guided by the interests of the candidate to be compatible with classes and other activities (Flexible hours).
- Opportunity to network with researchers and learn about the diverse research taking place on campus.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested individuals should submit: Resume, Cover Letter
Please reach out to email@example.com for any questions.